Renegade Creativity!
Welcome to Renegadeskins! You'll need to login in order to use all the features, like downloads, and view all the sections of this site.
Adaptation of City Flying Joinus10

Registration is free and will only take a few seconds of your time.
Features of a registered account:
-Your allowed to post and comment Skins.
-No Ads.
And much more
Renegade Creativity!
Welcome to Renegadeskins! You'll need to login in order to use all the features, like downloads, and view all the sections of this site.
Adaptation of City Flying Joinus10

Registration is free and will only take a few seconds of your time.
Features of a registered account:
-Your allowed to post and comment Skins.
-No Ads.
And much more
Renegade Creativity!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renegade Creativity!

Forum Statistics: 2766 Threads | 19061 Posts | 1536 Users | Welcome to our newest member https://renegadeskins.forumieren.de/u1562

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterStaffLog in
We're attempting to expand to support more games, please post skinable games suggestions and tell your friends!

Share | 

Adaptation of City Flying

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tranquil  

Tranquil

Number of posts : 23

Registration date : 2013-08-20

Adaptation of City Flying _
PostSubject: Adaptation of City Flying   Adaptation of City Flying EmptyWed May 13, 2015 7:14 pm

So, Renegade X is already getting it's first maps and mutators, and people are also working on vehicle models like hover MRLS and Tesla Tank.

Anyone here interested in or looking for partners to do any maps, gameplay mutators, or such?

I personally am interested in an adaptation of City Flying which is still needed. Here is a concept I made, adding possibly on and/or off ramps to the overpass to connect their usage to one another somehow. as well as not doing a figure eight design so it looks more realistic than a figure eight road surrounded by concrete wall, and stretching middle field to accomodate more players at once and comphensate for "infantry sprinting".
Adaptation of City Flying 11265289_883970868315896_7129662187419529396_n

Also interested in making a mutator that I discussed with a dev to "increase game progression to avoid 35m-32hr long games". That would help update the gameplay of the game to the modern era, without cheesing off the old veteran players. This would be accomplished by making repair guns only able to repair "armor" and not "health", and then adjusting healths of at least the structures if not the infantry and vehicles, so the structures can only repair 30% damage and any damage done over that is permanent and can never be repaired. This way, the game is designed so a rush that does more than 30% damage is at least partially successful and that bringing a building's health really far down enough times will eventually soften it up for a kill.

Anybody interested who knows or can learn unrealscript or mapping or modelling for urban map-assets?
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonOfDarkness  

BlackDragonOfDarkness
   Site Owner

Number of posts : 996

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation of City Flying   Adaptation of City Flying EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:30 am

I love the map ideas, City needed tweaking for sure. I'm willing to help, but I'd be better off doing it at your direction, what env. models to make, how they should look, decorating stuff, etc.

EDIT: You can have fun with that repgun/health mutator at the bottom of your post, I won't be joining a server that has it active. There are marathon servers FOR A REASON. That reason being long matches. I personally hate all loading screens. time limits also drive me up the wall, I want to win or lose, not be decided by point whores.
Back to top Go down
http://www.st0rm.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Tranquil  

Tranquil

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation of City Flying   Adaptation of City Flying EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:08 am

Well the point of the health mutator, is the game goes on until building destruction, but you can basically either destroy the base by doing 100% damage to a building, or essentially 50% damage to a building 5 times in a row. Makes games end = " base destruction", but makes "base destruction" =/= longer than an hour.

The concept to this was, that 80% of modern players, hate the score system and the marathon system. Nobody wants to throw away 80 lives over the course of 5 hours for the same structures to still be standing, and nobody wants to play 40 minutes for the same structures to still be standing and get a win awarded on a boring merit like point whoring.

In those regards, the options were, either/or/both, scale every member of a team's damage based on the team-score (like a moba but not as complex and durastic), and make at least partial building damage permanent. They tried "disable advanced defences at 40 minutes", but every game ended AT 40 minutes and the point whore always won so everyone hated it. It needs to be more natural.

Anyway, not sure if I changed your mind about the mutator, it doesn't so much need work but it does need some constructive criticism and I was curious how you felt. We DONT want to drive existing Renegade players away, we want the tank war and the infantry support/flanking/suppression/infiltration and repairs and attack/defend to stay exactly the same, so we were going to try minor changes to see if games end more reliably and work backwards until they are the exact same gameplay less the stalemates.

THANKS for offering with City Flying though! Are you familiar with UDK at all? I think I should start making the "whitebox" fairly soon (EDIT: Started today). I think I can adjust my original concept to look like "city blocks" after some rethought, basic same layout though just more cosmetically city-ish. I can do the laying out, and there are sources for urban models online, but the more help the better! I would totally appreciate your support in making RenX a better place!
Back to top Go down
Tranquil  

Tranquil

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation of City Flying   Adaptation of City Flying EmptyFri May 22, 2015 9:55 am

I have started City Flying and have it spaced out with placeholder geometry for the buildings and roadways.

Also, a friend of mine, is even further than I, in Carnage Club Xtreme. He could use pool tables and vending machines. Even if you could somehow import the ones from W3D models off the old map. Idk if that is possible. It just needs to be something UDK can use, FBX I suppose?

EDIT: The RenX homesite/forums are down today. They should be back up... soon. Either way, pm me, or let me know how we should get ahold of one another regularly. Anyone who is also interested at any time in RenX mapmaking, please contact me here or RenX forums, there are plenty of opportunities.
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonOfDarkness  

BlackDragonOfDarkness
   Site Owner

Number of posts : 996

Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation of City Flying   Adaptation of City Flying EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:35 pm

I'll do some browsing around or maybe model some stuff in the next few days, but we just got some tenants renting our camp, and we're finding those problems that go unnoticed when you don't use a building in 8-10 years, so my schedule's cinched shut on me the past couple days. Leaky roof to tackle tomorrow, pitcher-pump to try and prime, etc.

Also, I do better work when I'm given a target. (never been able to just "find something to do")

I know Blender can be a great middle program for changing the filetype of models, but I'll have to get into using UDK. Haven't bothered in the past, but I learn best by doing.

I need to figure out how to actually use Blender though; Listening to the old tutorial voiceover was too hilarious to focus on, and the guy wanted to teach people to use the mapped key shortcuts without any way to know where it is in the menu. I wanted to strangle the narrator; You don't teach via keymapped functions in something that complex, let the user find which features they use the most and learn mapped key combos on their own, seeing as how the mapped combo is written on every menu button.
Back to top Go down
http://www.st0rm.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Tranquil  

Tranquil

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation of City Flying   Adaptation of City Flying EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 2:09 pm

That is silly. Yeah, I have been waiting patiently, I have a few side projects myself to take care of while you take care of tenants. Keep in touch. I am watching mapmaking videos for RenX so maybe I can find something I am capable of in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content  

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation of City Flying   Adaptation of City Flying Empty

Back to top Go down

Adaptation of City Flying

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Renegade Creativity! :: Video Game Skins :: Renegade-X-
Jump to: